A lot of people don’t realize how easy it can be to use less energy in the home. With just a few simple adjustments you can save a lot of money. Here are a few simple ways this can be done:
- Instead of using an air conditioner, which uses a lot of energy, try installing a ceiling fan.
- Maintain and replace filters in air conditioners and heaters
- Turn down your thermostat at night or when you’re not at home
- Draw curtains over windows as this will insulate the room more efficiently
- Switch your incandescent lights to more energy-efficient lighting such as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) or light enhancing diodes (LEDs)
- Conserve water in your home by installing efficient toilets and showerheads
Did you know that chargers, such as for cell phones, Ipads and laptops etc use energy if they’re plugged in?
When not in use unplug them
These are just a few of the many things that can make your home more energy-efficient, however for a more detailed assessment of the energy reducing potential in your home, please contact us, your local Certified Home Inspector.